Monday, September 30, 2013

Retreat Reflection Prompt

To narrow what I learned at Camp Palmer into three points will be difficult but:
  • I learned about the true importance of trust. During every aspect of the trip starting with the blind obstacle until we left Sunday our trust of each other was tested, strengthened, and solidified.
  • I was able to contribute and observe a proper planning model in action. With Julie facilitating our ideas and visions of our service project we were all able to see it form right before our eyes. I am more excited than ever to begin and really get my hands dirty!
  • Finally, I learned about how I am capable of doing things I could have never imagined but also about how wonderful and strong each and every one of my cohort members is. I want to thank everyone again for truly opening up and making this past weekend the greatest! 
My favorite part of the retreat was the wall. I felt that as a group it was so impressive and that we should all be proud of our teamwork. What surprised me is what we are all capable of when we are challenged individually and as a group. Learning that I have now have five new connections with individuals that I hope to never lose was a wonderful result of this retreat and would have never been possible without it. 

My biggest strength that I learned about at Camp Palmer was probably my tendency to think before I speak so I can fully form my ideas and thoughts before discussing them with others. I also find this trait contributing to be a part of my biggest improvement because I am often very timid or shy if I have to step out of my comfort zone to contribute my ideas as well.

Although on a beach, I feel this picture is reminiscent of our experiences at Camp Palmer. We continually challenged and supported each other throughout our time there and that camaraderie will continue to strengthen over the months to come(:

3 comments:

  1. It was a joy spending the day with such an amazing group of students. I am so excited to be a part of FLI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I had a great time getting to know everyone and I feel very close! We really need to work out a time to all hang out this week even though it's hard with all of our busy schedules. I hope we are able to continue to challenge and strengthen each other as we work on the service project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too amazed at what we were able to accomplish by working together, especially how well we worked together to complete the wall.

    ReplyDelete