Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leadership Safari Reflection Prompt

Three Things I Learned: 
  • "Sacrifice comfort for who you can become" Those words really resonated and hit home for me because I often find myself second guessing my actions, opinions, and knowledge in public or stressful situations. Ryan's repetition of this phrase really engaged me throughout the entire presentation because everything tied back to that.
  • I learned that you truly never know who you will meet, who you may leave an impression on, or what you may be doing with your life. Ryan's personal stories and sentiments about how he has gotten where he is today truly inspires me to think outside the box and imagine more for myself. 
  • Lastly,  I learned the fact that there are three people in the world and that I want to be that 12%.
My favorite part about the program was just the message and structure. Not that the Center for Leadership can really ask Ryan Penneau to return year after year, but an upbeat program that is interactive is definitely necessary. The "worst" part about the seminar was I think the venue. Although you cannot  typically plan for how many people are going to attend an event, especially the first time, having a smaller space makes things feel more intimate and personal. I enjoyed the prizes, theme, and can't wait to see what next year will bring!

Sorry for the Cheesn'

2 comments:

  1. I really liked that quote too! I agree it should have been in a smaller room, so it would feel more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote! I also love your picture! He was a funny guy.

    ReplyDelete