Sunday, September 15, 2013

Campus Fest Reflection

1) Three Groups I was able to learn more about at Campus Fest:
  • Women in Business Leadership is a new group on campus that will be hosting seminars each month to educate, inform, and empower female students in the work place. These sessions are open to anyone and the group will attempt to have one informative and one fun session each month from here on out. 

  • Circle K is a service based group and is a college branch of Kiwanis International. I was heavily involved in my local Kiwanis back home and would love to get involved here at BG through their various community projects and outreach.

  • Education abroad is a another table that caught my eye because of its many options and opportunities. I have been very conflicted when trying to decide whether to seriously explore traveling to a foreign country for a semester and will be considering attending an informational meeting this week to learn even more. 

2) I was able to attend campus fest for about two hours and went to lunch in the middle of that time with friends. I did enjoy seeing all of the campus organizations out to promote their groups but was pretty overwhelmed by the entire event. The most interesting booth I came across was probably the Quidditch team. Although I would not consider joining I have serious respect for what they do. I will be considering joining Circle K, AMIS, Women in Business Leadership, and learning more about education abroad. 

So much paper! 

 



1 comment:

  1. I love your picture! I had a lot of papers after campus fest too many of which were for organizations I had zero interest in joining. It seemed like all the organizations were just shoving them into our hands but I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete