Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 30th Reflection


1.Name of Cohort Meeting – Introduction, Team Building, and Schedule 
 
2      2. What are 3 things that you learned at the meeting? Briefly reflect on each.
  •  I learned all about the wonderful opportunities that FLI will provide me to interact and engage with fellow members and the BG community. I feel very fortunate to be one of few students that have this opportunity.
  •   I learned how important it will be to read, complete assignments, and blogs to get the most out of the program experience. Having a program which is based upon what the participants bring to the table is very encouraging and motivating.
  •  I learned that although the program may seem overwhelming at times there are plenty of people and resources to support me and my fellow cohort members.   

3.  My name is Margaret Dorian but most people call me Maggy. I am an accounting major from   Lewiston, NY which is right outside of Niagara Falls. I attended Lewiston-Porter High school where I was heavily involved in academics and athletics. I play both soccer and basketball and was lucky enough to be elected Class President for four years. My time as class president gave me a great opportunity to interact with students and faculty and I loved every minute of it. I have two older brothers Curtis & Erik and two small dogs Trevor & Natasha. I hope to become a Certified Public Accountant and hopefully assist a non-profit someday in their endeavors and mission. I have had the chance to participate in a few leadership programs and seminars over the years, each one helping me to grow as a leader. I am very eager and excited to begin a new chapter of my life here at BGSU and be a part of this wonderful new institute in cooperation with the center for leadership. 
 
      4. My definition of leadership is the ability to bring together a variety of opinions, ideas, suggestions, and resources connected to yourself and others to accomplish a mission or goal while making your surrounding area or community a better place and/or developing change or growth. 

Time to get reading(:



4 comments:

  1. I admire very much that you would like to work for a non-profit organization. Are there any specific causes you would want to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point in time I really don't have any specific causes in mind but I know there are plenty of organizations in need of assistance(:

      Delete
  2. Hey Maggy :) It's really cool that you're from New York, I've always want to visit there! What made you decide to go to school in Ohio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandfather is actually a 1959 Graduate of BGSU and I have a lot of family who lives near by in Perrysbury, Rossford, and Maumee! I also really loved the welcoming atmosphere and appreciated BGSU's college of business ranking for education and success!!

      Delete